Re: [AD] Config routines bug (2)

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:45:47PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> The only remaining question would then be: how many sections ?
> Currently, there are already: [fb_mode_XxY], [sound], [grabber], [joystick].
> I'd propose to add: [system], [graphics], [keyboard], [mouse] and [timer].
>
> Comments ?

I agree with all the points, but I'm not sure about the specific
breakdown.  According to my allegro.cfg (which may be out of
date if people have added new config options without updating
it), there are these variables in the global section at
present:

    system
    gfx_card, vbeaf_driver, framebuffer
    keyboard
    language
    mouse, emulate_three, mouse_device

Judging by this list, split into categories, we could have a
mouse section and a graphics section, since those are groups of
option.  But AFAICS your [system] and [keyboard] variables would
only contain one variable each, and `language' wouldn't really
fit into either.  Perhaps it would be better to have an
[allegro] section which contains the system, keyboard, and
language variables, and any other one-off config variables.

We can split off a category when it has more than variable (but
this would break compatibility of old and new config files).

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes