Re: [AD] Win2k timer bug

> I've started with the basecode of Zasx, and started cutting code out.
> This is what I've found. If I remove eveything related to JGMOD, then it
> doesn't lock up - but it waits 1-2 seconds before closing the dialog. If
> I also remove the call to set_keyboard_rate(0, 0), the problem is
> completely gone. Removing set_keyboard_rate but keeping JGMOD locks up
> on dialog exit.

First, I think I must apologize: it sounds like the problem is a vague
recollection of the good old Win2k keyboard bug, hence related to timers.
Things take place as if the system couldn't stop (or quickly stop) long
running timer threads; I've attached a little patch to address the
set_keyboard_rate(0, 0) problem, could you test it ? (it won't fix the
original bug I think).

Which JGMOD version are you using ? If you haven't already done it, install
the latest one (0.99), so that we will be in sync.

Could you try to install the mouse in the program ?
Other test: could you try to switch out/in when the system is locked up ?

> Even stranger, it only locks up within the MSVC debugger (when you run
> the debugger in the back). Outside of it, it runs fine.

Gillius said some time ago that the thread management is quite different in
the MSVC debugger.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx