Re: [AD] Win2k timer bug

Eric Botcazou wrote:

> > shutdown_dialog would lock up on me when I'm using windowed mode (not in
> > full screen - just DX_WINDOWED).
>
> It sounds like this is more related to the gfx subsystem than directly to
> timers. Could you try your code with the GDI driver ?

Same result - it locks up at the same place.

> Does it work under Win9x ?

On Win95, it works fine with either graphics driver.

[snip]
> Then this means that the timer thread didn't terminate: although line 298
> had told it to do so, it never complied.
>
> The only reason I can think of is that the thread is deadlocked inside the
> timer callback proc. I guess the stop_timer_thread() function was called by
> 'remove_int(dclick_check)' at gui.c, line 1048. Could you confirm it ?

Yes, that's it.

> Did you provide custom gui_mouse_*() callbacks ?

I don't even use the mouse! (there's no install_mouse() call). The
dialog is manipulated using the keyboard and joystick.

[snip]
> It has got already this access right.
> When a thread is created without explicit security descriptor, it inherits
> the THREAD_ALL_ACCESS access right, that contains the SYNCHRONIZE right.

Right. Well at least I tried :-)

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)