Re: [AD] WinME

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:20:47PM +0200, m.versteegh@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Or tell people to add --enable-staticlib --enable-staticprog to
> the configure script if they want to be sure about the versioning,
> that's quite an easy hoop.

Personally I can't be bothered to build a static version just to
test things, I prefer to just install the dynamic version. :)

> setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not difficult a hoop either, I'd say.
> It's not like a 40cm flaming hoop at 2 meter is it ;-)

No. :)  But I think it doesn't override the defaults (I think
it's searched after the default locations) so it's no good for
testing changes when you've got a real version of the library
installed.  That's why I suggest preloading, though I don't know
much about it.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes