RE: [AD] WinME

> You can use -Wl,*** to pass option *** to the linker, at link
> time, and, using this method, specify run-time linking options
> (this is how the soname is specified, for instance).  One option
> you can pass is the preload option -- the given library will be
> loaded at run-time before other references are resolved.  With
> this option, you could specify the actual location of the
> uninstalled Allegro library.  Perhaps we should do this; I'm not
> sure.

but once testing is done we don't want this behavior anymore, do we ?
would we need to relink programs when installing them, to remove this
particular linker option (it feels not very clean to leave it after
testing) ?

> There are some notes in readme.unx about how to use Allegro
> without installing it, mostly aimed at people who don't have
> root access to the host machine.

that's what i do (setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH). this would probably be a
better option, as there is nothing to change to the current system.

--
Lyrian