Re: [AD] The X11 Video Extension Patch

> I've cleaned it up and basically rewritten it.  It needs some
> testing, as the X server here likes to crash after a few mode
> switches.  It could be Allegro's fault, but I don't know.

I tested it, and I must say it's really nice Allegro finally has a
fullscreen driver for X that doesn't need root privileges...
Anyway, other than the random crashes after a few switches (which are really
random: I can switch several times without crashing, but I can also hit a
crash after a couple of switches since the program started), I've found a
weirdness: in the test program, when the initial 320x200 (mode selecting)
window is set to the right or bottom of the screen (my desktop is in
1024x768), changing to fullscreen doesn't center the window... the mouse is
grabbed, but I simply can't see all the window, and I see part of the
desktop.
I've examined the code, and it's weird the mouse warping hack doesn't
work... Anyway, I solved the problem with the addition of a simple line of
code that isn't even worth a diff:

XMoveWindow(_xwin.display, _xwin.window, 0, 0);

right above the mouse warping hack lines.
Ok, that's all for now, I'll do more testings later.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx