Re: [AD] The X11 Video Extension Patch

Benjamin Joel Stover <stovertech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, here's a patch I cooked up for X11 video extensions in Allegro, or in
> other words, being able to run Allegro applications in fullscreen under X
> without root priviledges.  You must have the video extension enabled.

I've cleaned it up and basically rewritten it.  It needs some
testing, as the X server here likes to crash after a few mode
switches.  It could be Allegro's fault, but I don't know.

Just in case you don't know, this driver allows fullscreenifying
without root priviledges.  However, since it's just the X-Windows
driver in disguise, there's a speed penalty.  This is for people
without DGA2, obviously.

Things to test:

  - This driver should be autodetected if DGA is unavailable.

  - The window should appear fullscreen, if your X server can
  support the requested mode.  There should be no window
  decorations.  Mouse and keyboard should be grabbed.

  - If it can't go fullscreen, it should resort to the normal
  X-Windows driver.  There should be window decorations.

If people find the mode switching annoying, we can disable
autodetection on this driver.

--
ELECELLERATION (el a cel er AY shun), n.  The mistaken notion that the
more you press an elevator button the faster it will arrive.