Re: [AD] GFX_WINDOWED

Bob <ohannessian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter Wang wrote:
> > What would "GFX_VGA | GFX_WINDOWED"
>
> Then the resolution of the screen can be smaller than the actual display
> resolution. Allegro can pick a sane value for that (or fall back to user
> specicifed or allegro.cfg).

Seems non-obvious to me.

> > If fullscreen or windowed operation is not possible in the current
> > context, `set_gfx_mode' would simply fail.
>
> I don't think so - Since we ask for a driver explicitly (ex:
> GFX_DIRECTX), it will fail anyway if that driver's context is not
> available.

I was talking about the scheme I was proposing, i.e.
set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED,...) would fail in a
non-windowed environment, and
set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN,...) would fail in a
windowed-only environment.  Sorry for the ambiguity.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
WARBLOID (WAR bloyd), n.  The tiny device in cassette players that eats