Re: [AD] GFX_WINDOWED

Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Since we have 3 windowed modes under Windows and one under Linux (that
> > isn't autodetected in preference of fullscreen), I was wondering if the
> > idea of a GFX_WINDOWED for set_gfx_mode might be a good idea.  I
[...]
> If this system is ever applied, we'd end up with the cool option to use
>
> set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT | GFX_FULLSCREEN, 640, 480, 0, 0);
>
> still maintaining compatibility with the past... Probably this would also
> need some work on parts of the lib other than set_gfx_mode(), as with this
> system it would be possible to have the same gfx driver run in fullscreen
> and windowed, depending on the flags.

What would "GFX_VGA | GFX_WINDOWED" or "GFX_BEOS_WINDOWED |
GFX_FULLSCREEN" mean?  I think it would be better to add two new
constants, GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN and GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED.
If fullscreen or windowed operation is not possible in the current
context, `set_gfx_mode' would simply fail.  GFX_AUTODETECT would
work as it does now.

Implementation is another matter.  `set_gfx_mode' is already a mess.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
SPIBBLE (SPIB ul), n.  The metal barrier on a rotary phone that prevents