Re: [AD] Mingw Makefile problem under 2k

Henrik Stokseth <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make
> > Compiling Allegro for MINGW32, optimised. Please wait...
> > make: *** No rule to make target `obj\mingw32\mmx.h', needed by
> > `obj/mingw32/all
> > eg/poly3d.o'.  Stop.
>
> 'make depend' problem, i can guarantee you. if dependancies were correct
> mmx.h would have been generated before poly3d.c were compiled.
> (peter, put this in the FAQ please if it ain't already there!! i'm currently
> busy...)

Ok, I have (assuming I understood your request).

> > And it creates a file called objmingw32mmxtest.s
> > The wrong slashes are still here. I can make a patch, but I think it
> > might break the Win9x version. I'll give it a try now.
>
> how is your installation? typical unix tools treats backslash as a special
> character. this includes sh/bash and perhaps make. so check if you have
> sh.exe installed somewhere and what port of make you are using. do a 'make
> -v' or 'make --version'. if you have a sh.exe installed then remove it from
> your path. let me know if this makes a difference.

Wasn't there a fixed suggested for this?  Something like:

mmxtest: obj/mingw32/mmx.h

obj/mingw32/mmx.h:
	cd obj
	cd mingw32
	echo \#define ALLEGRO_MMX > mmx.h
	echo #define ALLEGRO_MMX > mmx.h

(I'm guessing)  I forget if mingw32 make reverts to the original
directory after each line.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
FUNCH, v.  The act of turning a pillow over and over trying to find the