Re: [AD] Mingw Makefile problem under 2k

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 23:32, Bob wrote:

> Nevermind, I got it to work. The problem was DJGPP's 'echo' from the
> Shell Utilities package which was interfering with Mingw's make. I got
> the Mingw version of echo, and now I can compile Allegro again.
>
> Now, there's still the problem of:
>
> G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make
> Compiling Allegro for MINGW32, optimised. Please wait...
> make: *** No rule to make target `obj\mingw32\mmx.h', needed by
> `obj/mingw32/all
> eg/poly3d.o'.  Stop.

'make depend' problem, i can guarantee you. if dependancies were correct
mmx.h would have been generated before poly3d.c were compiled.
(peter, put this in the FAQ please if it ain't already there!! i'm currently
busy...)

> G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make mmxtest
> echo // no MMX > obj\mingw32\mmx.h
> echo .text > obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
> echo emms >> obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
> gcc -c obj/mingw32/mmxtest.s -o obj/mingw32/mmxtest.o
> gcc: obj/mingw32/mmxtest.s: No such file or directory
> gcc: No input files
> make: *** [mmxtest] Error 1
>
> And it creates a file called objmingw32mmxtest.s
> The wrong slashes are still here. I can make a patch, but I think it
> might break the Win9x version. I'll give it a try now.

how is your installation? typical unix tools treats backslash as a special
character. this includes sh/bash and perhaps make. so check if you have
sh.exe installed somewhere and what port of make you are using. do a 'make
-v' or 'make --version'. if you have a sh.exe installed then remove it from
your path. let me know if this makes a difference.