Re: [AD] Mingw Makefile problem under 2k

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 15:17, Peter Wang wrote:

> Wasn't there a fixed suggested for this?  Something like:
>

> mmxtest: obj/mingw32/mmx.h
>
> obj/mingw32/mmx.h:
> 	cd obj
> 	cd mingw32
> 	echo \#define ALLEGRO_MMX > mmx.h
> 	echo #define ALLEGRO_MMX > mmx.h
>

> (I'm guessing)  I forget if mingw32 make reverts to the original
> directory after each line.

all ports of gnu make that i know does that.

it's not my fault people have djgpp, cygwin or other executables in their
PATH along with mingw32 stuff. makefile.mgw is written to use the default
MS-DOS shell so is makefile.dj. (with the exception of cross compiling) The
problem is NOT an Allegro problem but an invalid installation of a mingw32
development environment. As I see it there's no need for workarounds in the
makefiles.

-henrik