Re: [AD] Mingw Makefile problem under 2k

Bob wrote:

> This is getting wierder and wierder...

Nevermind, I got it to work. The problem was DJGPP's 'echo' from the
Shell Utilities package which was interfering with Mingw's make. I got
the Mingw version of echo, and now I can compile Allegro again.

Now, there's still the problem of:

G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make
Compiling Allegro for MINGW32, optimised. Please wait...
make: *** No rule to make target `obj\mingw32\mmx.h', needed by
`obj/mingw32/all
eg/poly3d.o'.  Stop.

G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make mmxtest
echo // no MMX > obj\mingw32\mmx.h
echo .text > obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
echo emms >> obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
gcc -c obj/mingw32/mmxtest.s -o obj/mingw32/mmxtest.o
gcc: obj/mingw32/mmxtest.s: No such file or directory
gcc: No input files
make: *** [mmxtest] Error 1

And it creates a file called objmingw32mmxtest.s
The wrong slashes are still here. I can make a patch, but I think it
might break the Win9x version. I'll give it a try now.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)