Re: [AD] Mingw Makefile problem under 2k

Henrik Stokseth wrote:

> 'make depend' problem, i can guarantee you. if dependancies were correct
> mmx.h would have been generated before poly3d.c were compiled.
> (peter, put this in the FAQ please if it ain't already there!! i'm currently
> busy...)

Nope. I ran make depend just before. It warned about __MINGW__ already
being defined, but that's it. i've been keeping with the latest WIP
since 3.9.18, so I'm aware of the make depend issue.

> how is your installation?

I figured that was the problem. I currently have DJGPP, Mingw, Borland
4.5x, and MSVC 6 installed. I use a batch file to reconfigure the paths
for each. Perhaps we can put in the mingw and djgpp instructions that
you should not have the other compiler in the path? For example, if you
compile for DJGPP, make sure Mingw isn't at all in the path, and vice
versa.

> typical unix tools treats backslash as a special
> character.

Just like in C.

> this includes sh/bash and perhaps make. so check if you have
> sh.exe installed somewhere and what port of make you are using.

Yes, I have sh.exe in my DJGPP directory. And (just recently) added it
to the Mingw directory (the Mingw port of course). Since then,
compilation works.
It's kinda of weird that the same GNU tools wouldn't work together...

> do a 'make
> -v' or 'make --version'.

Mingw's make is version 3.77

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)