Re: [AD] Threads

> I was wondering why a thread is created and destroyed every time the mouse
> moves over or away from a GUI object?  I notice it in debug mode because
> thread creation in active debugging mode takes about 500ms so there are
> long pauses when moving mouse around a gui...

Because the multi-threaded timer driver was the default driver before my
patch, so that installing a timer ended up creating a thread. That was
partially the cause of the Win2k bug.

Now the single-threaded driver is the default: all the timers use the same
thread.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx