Re: [AD] New BeOS patch + problem with multi-line strings in config

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 12:06:05PM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > BTW, in keyboard.dat, orig name of SK_CFG is /home/gfoot/tmp/sk.cfg, which

Weird, especially since I don't even know what that file is or
remember doing anything with it!

> > makes it hard to extract with dat utility. Some option should be added to
> > the dat utility to save objects to only file name portion of theirs orig
> > name (strip leading directories from orig name).
>
> http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/strip.diff
>
> It's a hack I wrote at ~3 AM, so I won't commit it.
>
> As for the expanded `keyboard.dat' and `language.dat' files, it's a
> great idea.  If more people agree I'll put it in CVS.  Then should
> `keyboard.dat' and `language.dat' be removed from CVS?

Yes, they should be removed, but I think we are coming close to
needing a `fixcvs' script which would build the DLL def files,
build dependencies, and compile these .dat files.  I think the
code to compile the .dat files should be in a separate script
from zipup.sh, so that it can be more easily shared between
zipup and fixcvs.

George