Re: [AD] mac port

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:50:26AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> In message <20001211140155.A5562@xxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Wang writes:
> >For some reason my CVS won't download the `mac' directory..
>
> To get new directories you need to give the `-d' option to cvs update.  You
> probably want `-P' too so that removed directories get pruned:

This is so spooky, I wrote an almost identical email direct to
Peter but it bounced (I sent it through a dodgy firewall).

> I'd suggest putting this and other useful options in ~/.cvsrc - here's mine:
>
> update -Pd
> checkout -P
> diff -u

You might want to also put "cvs -z3 -q" in there -- it stops it
mentioning all the directories it's recursing into, which makes
it much easier to notice when it actually does something useful
(like finds a file that's been modified, or isn't in the
repository), and it also tells CVS to request compression in the
transfers.  For me, a "cvs update" with no changes to get just
prints a single line, reminding me that I didn't add the `perl'
directory to the repository.  Speaking of which, maybe I
should...  Nobody seemed that interested in it though (which
isn't really that surprising).

George

--
Random project update: