RE: [AD] Voice per volume - a few questions

> I guess then that if the add-on needs to be installed, one should
> install the Allegro mixer, and not the DX one. But then, where does
> AUTODETECT come in? Should it use the H/W accelerated one, or should it
> use the Allegro one, to work with potential add-ons?

Maybe we should add DIGI_AUTODETECT_HW or something, which will use a
hardware mixer if possible, while DIGI_AUTODETECT always uses the Allegro
mixer. This would preserve backward compatibility - older programs will
still use the Allegro mixer.

Can someone else do this please? I'm not familiar with all the OSs and the
way they're implemented.

Ben Davis