[Fwd: Re: [AD] Voice per volume - a few questions]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AD] Voice per volume - a few questions
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:46:28 -0500
From: Bob <ohannessian@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ben Davis <ben@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ben Davis wrote:
> Whoops! I checked again. There are two drivers, aren't there :-)

There's a DIrectX and a WaveOut driver. I think they should both use the
Allegro mixer, but I don't know if that's the case. I'll check that out
later (if I get time).

> I'll put in the docs that it only works if we're using the Allegro mixer.
> The Windows mixer is much louder anyway :-) I'm glad to see the Unix drivers
> use the Allegro mixer too.

Yes, but I think we should use the same mixer for everything, that way,
we can have add-on packages that play around with the sound output, and
have them work in Windows.

--

- Robert J Ohannessian