Re: [AD] Voice per volume - a few questions

Ben Davis wrote:
[snip]
> It seemed to me (from the source, not the docs) that there were three:
> DIGI_DIRECTX - uses the DirectX mixer
> DIGI_DIRECTAMX - uses DirectX, but uses the Allegro mixer
> DIGI_(something else) - WaveOut - presumably uses the Allegro mixer

True. But I just leave it to Autodetect usually :)

[snip]
> Just what I was thinking - I was just wondering though, does
> hardware-accelerated mixing exist? If so, there may be a reason not to use
> the Allegro mixer. Add-ons could then check whether the Allegro mixer is in
> use, and if not, they could fail to install.

I guess then that if the add-on needs to be installed, one should
install the Allegro mixer, and not the DX one. But then, where does
AUTODETECT come in? Should it use the H/W accelerated one, or should it
use the Allegro one, to work with potential add-ons?

--

- Robert J Ohannessian