Re: [AD] 3d routines problems under BeOS and more

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 01:43:59PM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ah, as I'm here I want to say that WIP 3.9.34 should be out for X'mas... For
> > me it's too early for a 4.0 beta release, but I think WIP .34 is due as soon
> > as possible.
>
> I agree.  Can someone please do it?

I can do it tonight, if there are no outstanding issues.
Looking at the poll on Allegro.cc, I was thinking, "Allegro 4
for Christmas?  You'll be lucky to get 3.9.34!" :)

> > the 25th? I think an up to date todos list is a must for this purpose, so we
> > can focus on final fixes; here I post my personal vision of this list - feel
> > free to add your own items!
>
> No one has posted anything in the Tasks section on SourceForge.  Am
> thinkink is too complicated.

I don't know how it works, apart from the fact that nobody can
use it at the moment until admins or developers add tasks that
need doing.  Non-developers can't add tasks, which may or may
not be a good thing. :)  I only enabled things on the off-chance
that people would use them; after they've been in use for a
while, my impression is that the bug and patch tracking systems
are OK, and it's good that people can add comments and updates
to patches before they're commited, but my main disappointment
is that there's no way to get an email update when a bug or
patch is posted.  From my tests on the bug tracker, the person
who originated the bug gets an email every time it is updated,
so maybe that's true with patches too, but I think maybe it
would be good if adding patches and bugs notified all developers
(maybe on a daily basis, i.e. two new bugs today) or at least
those who register to be notified.  At present I check the pages
whenever I remember to, which isn't very often.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes