Re: [AD] DGA

Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Another topic about DGA: I don't know how it works - I only know it directly
> acts on the client screen unlike the normal X driver; what about 2d hardware
> acceleration? I've heard of XAA extensions, but I don't know if they can be
> used by Allegro, nor how to use them. I only know 2d hw acceleration is
> already possible under X; I report some X startup messages here for example:

I can not do that myself, because I'm using old X version.  Maybe I'll
install newer version, when I buy new disk.

AFAICS, this acceleration can be done by testing for the appropriate
DGA extension, then replacing vtable entries and setting flags for
supported accelerated functions.

--
Michael Bukin