[AD] DGA

> Placed new version in CVS.
>
> Regarding virtual screen size.  Its calculation has changed between
> revisions 1.1 and 1.2 or src/x/xwin.c.  I don't remember who changed
> it (maybe it was me?).  If somebody can explain why it was changed, we
> can make a workaround or configuration option to fix any problems
> caused by making virtual screen as large as possible (or write comment
> in the source why it can not be done).

Hey, now it's really fast! By the way, I have a TNT2 with 32MB of video RAM.
Another topic about DGA: I don't know how it works - I only know it directly
acts on the client screen unlike the normal X driver; what about 2d hardware
acceleration? I've heard of XAA extensions, but I don't know if they can be
used by Allegro, nor how to use them. I only know 2d hw acceleration is
already possible under X; I report some X startup messages here for example:

(--) SVGA: RIVA TNT2: Using hardware cursor
(--) SVGA: Using XAA (XFree86 Acceleration Architecture)
(--) SVGA: XAA: Solid filled rectangles
(--) SVGA: XAA: Screen-to-screen copy
(--) SVGA: XAA: Using 8 128x64 areas for pixmap caching
(--) SVGA: XAA: Caching tiles and stipples
(--) SVGA: XAA: Horizontal and vertical lines and segments

I'm using XF86 3.3.6. Wouldn't it be possible to use these features?

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx