Re: [AD] Joystick driver for BeOS

Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > I've changed the way DGA driver clears memory.  I have not tested it,
> > so I would be grateful if somebody can test it (the code is already in
> > CVS).
>
> I've just tested it; as far as I can see, there's little to no difference in
> clearing speed... I'm on a K6-200.

How much video memory do you have?  If you are building shared
library, did you install new one?  Program might pick up old one from
system directory.

I have tested it too and I can not notice difference either, because
it is very fast in both cases (I use K6-266 and 2Mb video card).

> What about clearing only the visible portion of the video ram, and not the
> whole video memory?

I'll do this.  Also I'll change DGA driver to make virtual screen as
large as possible (now it is equal to requested virtual size, or
screen size, if virtual size is 0 x 0).

Clearing by default is intended for users.  They might be annoyed to
see anything, but program output.  If developer wants to see previous
contents of video memory or speed up program loading, he should set
'dga_clear' option to 0 in allegro.cfg.

--
Michael Bukin