Re: [AD] yet another windows diff (+ PCI stuff)

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, George Foot wrote:

> Did anybody get around to testing this?  I seem to remember
> Shawn saying this wouldn't work.  Maybe the difficult bit is
> guessing name mangling, in which case your function pointers
> will work better, or maybe it's calling conventions?

can you send me the patch so i can take a look at it? i remember i tested the
assembler version of the bitmap locking code once when working on the
standalone mingw32 build, and found it to be working. all that code is compiled
with gcc and should follow gcc calling conventions. i assume the msvc build
does the same. (using djgpp to compile all the code and handing the object
files over to the msvc linker)

what you might remember is the little note shawn put in the code over my
ugly code, suggesting that both the msvc asm and the at&t asm should be
rewritten and ideally be put into an external .S file. personally i don't think
you should hessitate with merging isaac's patch, it cleans things up.. a lot. ;)

btw. i'm looking into some pci stuff for the moment. if i'm lucky i can write
a routine which detects the sb-live and perhaps also the right configuration.
but so far i've only written pci-detection. (if somebody has the official
standard, please send me a copy, www.pcisig.com takes $50, so i'm forced to
take information from elsewhere)

--
Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.