Re: [AD] yet another windows diff

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 06:08:11PM -0000, Isaac Cruz wrote:
> I have changed completely the update logic in windowed driver: now it doesn't
> update the window 70 times a second, instead only when it's necessary, and only
> parts of screen which have changed. With the test program it's a bit slower,
> because it updates the window whenever screen changes, but it's more accurate. I
> have tried demo, and it works really smooth (60-70 fps) using dirty rectangles
> or
> page flipping (with desktop at 16 bit).
>
> Added an accelerated vline (with Blt)
>
> Moved asm code in wddlock.c to another file asmlock.s. I have used pointers to
> functions in order to call a C function (it works with MSVC, please test it with
> other
> compilers)

Did anybody get around to testing this?  I seem to remember
Shawn saying this wouldn't work.  Maybe the difficult bit is
guessing name mangling, in which case your function pointers
will work better, or maybe it's calling conventions?  I don't
really know.  I want to apply the rest of this patch for the new
WIP, but can't unless this works universally.  Maybe until this
is tested, Isaac, I could apply all of the rest of the patch --
or does it depend upon the wddlock.c->asmlock.s change?

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes