Re: [AD] Patch for fixed bugs with Soundscape DOS driver

> >So I compared the old and the new code, and I found a really strange bug:
> the WIP uses outportb() and inportb() functions for ports I/O, while the old
> Allegro 3.12 uses inp() and outp().
>
> I've written the Soundscape Driver and use it every day, even with the most
> recent versions of GCC and Allegro WIP. I cannot say, that I have any
> problems with, for me it works!

What kind of soundcard do you have? An original Soundscape? I have a SoundBlaster 64 PCI (based on es1370, and Ensoniq
chip)

> But maybe you have one of the other chipsets I couldn't test and had to take
> the source parts from the original resources. Then strange things may happen,
> but the driver is now working for a long time without problems.

Have you tested if it still works for you with my patch applied? I've sent the patch to another guy via ICQ, that owns
a SB 128 PCI, just to ensure if it works also for him now (before it wasn't working for him as for me). Hopefully I'll
soon get a reply, and I'll let you know. If now it works for you and for us, I think we should make the changes
permanent... What do you think?

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx