Re: [AD] Shawn

Adrian Oboroc wrote:

> Hello everyone,
<snip>
> 2) Does the guy who was doing Allegro/DJGPP GUS drivers for his game
> released something to public? I have a dos PC at home (486DX/40MHz taken
> from my friend to play in Lands of Lore) with GUS MAX. I might try to
> write some gus code. But if it's done then it's senseless.

That guy would be me. I've done a lot: GUS lowlevel API for the driver
(DMA routines, voice handling routines, interrupt stuff) for GUS.
I am not going to support GUS MAX, since it has nothing special
but a WSS CODEC, which I have been unable to enable. The WSS driver
could be hacked for this purpose. I don't own an Interwave,
so IW users must use the GF1 mode.
And secondly, I've hacked up DIGMID for use as the MIDI driver
core. Patch caching will NOT be implemented. (Why? the original
patch set is 5.6 megs, guess what memory usage) I will use a generic
patch set (i've extracted the instrument list from the midis provided
by gravis), a method employed by libraries such as DMX (doom) and
HMI (descent).

So far it plays midis as incorrectly as it can :-) and crashes on
seeks.

--
- Antti

The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected.
    -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972