[AD] XFree86 4.0

Has anyone tried out Allegro with X 4.0?  I heard that it'd be a lot
easier to do games in X now, but I'm not sure on that.  I'm hoping that
the DGA driver is a lot more stable for games, because X is my best bet
(I don't have the framebuffer).  Maybe it will fix a lot of bugs with
Allegro?

Speaking of FB, is there *any* way you can change resolutions w/o having
one of those few supported cards, because FB is the best way to play
games, at least it looks like it.  I really can't afford to stay in one
res.  I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but it drives me crazy that most
everyone else has a FrameBuffer equipped on their system except me.  :-)

--
~StoverTech~ [Benjamin Stover | http://stsoft.8m.com/ | ICQ: 5593806]
"SPAM is good.  Eat SPAM."