Re: [AD] DGA driver problems

Eric Botcazou <botcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> - the 32bit mode doesn't properly work, because the X server reports a
> 24bit mode and so cheats the DGA driver; I found a (dirty) way to solve
> the problem in the XMMS sources.

Ugly indeed, but if that's what it takes, I guess that's what we have to
do!

I love the comment:

   /* If I find the idiot that thought making 32bit report 24bit was a
      good idea, there may be one less `programmer' in this world..." */

That's so true. It doesn't even really matter what actual number they use
to describe a color depth, as long as it would follow a few basic rules
like never using several different numbers to refer to the same color
depth, or the same number to refer to several  different color depths :-)
But neither Windows nor X seems to be able to get this right...

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."