Re: [AD] DGA mouse workaround

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> There is a bug in the 3dfx X server (and possibly others) that makes DGA
> mouse mode unusable.  This is also documented in the Quake 3 README.
> Attached is a workaround that will be enabled if `dga_mouse = 0' is set in
> the config file.

Thanks.

> I'm not so sure this should be in Allegro since it is someone else's
> problem, but when/if XFree86 4.0 fixes the bug and is widely
> distributed, we can remove the workaround.

If something can be worked around in such an easy way, it certainly seems
better to do that than just not to have things work, even if it wasn't
really our fault in the first place...

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."