Re: [AD] use of cpu idle function internally

Henrik Stokseth <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> a few days ago someone announced a cpu idle patch for
> allegro. i assume this has been added and i'd therefore
> like to tip shawn on that he should add a call to it from
> the readkey() polling loop. this is what djgpp's
> getch() & getche() functions do.

Not true: take a look in src/libc/pc_hw/co80/conio.c. The getch() function
is just a wrapper for DOS call 0x21, ax=0x7000 (raw keyboard input without
echo).

> btw! shawn, you never told me what you decided to do with my mingw32
> native port. don't leave me wondering.

I thought it wasn't finished yet? The last I heard was that you were still
having some problems getting it to work. But if it is finished and ready for
inclusion, by all means send me the patches (but beware: the DX bank
switching asm changed slightly in 3.9.30, so you'll probably need to update
that if you've done a gcc version of those routines).

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."