RE: [AD] DirectX Windowed mode, one more try

> Any chance I could have these as patches? Ideally relative to your previous
> patch, so I only get the things that you've changed since then (that's easy
> to do if you make a backup copy every time you send off a patch, as you can
> then use that as the old version for making your next set of patches).

OK, here's is the diff from the very first patch I sent.

> I wonder how fast the GDI is at it? It is even vaguely possible that it
> might have some hardware support for this on some cards, in which case it
> would certainly be smart for us to use that, but if it is only ever done in
> software, we can probably do just as well ourselves. GDI software
> performance is very unpredictable, though: some functions are incredibly
> well optimized, while others are just appallingly bad. Anyone have any
> experience of using it to do color depth conversions?

I think we could first use GDI functions, and test it. If they aren't fast
enough, then we should make the conversion ourself, blitting only parts that
have changed, and perhaps lowering the update rate (from 70 to 35, for example).