[AD] Allegro 3.9.29

... is on http://www.sunsite.auc.dk/allegro/wip.html

I've included the full compliment of .zip, tar.gz, and .rpm versions this
time: some testing of the new formats would be most welcome :-)

Things I'm going to do this week:

   Add a nice windowed mode mouse driver to the Windows version (working the
   same way it does in X).

   Sort out the datafile encryption/password mixup.

   Announce it somewhere, maybe? George: you weren't sure about this before,
   but assuming there aren't any bad problems with the RPM versions over the
   next few days, do you think it is ready yet? Of course it isn't totally
   complete yet, but I think the X and fbcon stuff is solid enough to be
   worth telling people about...

Things I tried to fix but couldn't:

   George/Grzegorz: that problem with the timer skipping when switching
   consoles. I sat here for about ten minutes switching to and from the
   exswitch prog, but couldn't make it go wrong. Perhaps vesafb doesn't
   suffer from this trouble? Anyway, I gave up on it. Sorry!

   James: that MSVC fsqrt() crash. I modified test.exe to cycle through the
   square roots of all 2^32 possible input values, and none of them crashed,
   so again I gave up on it. Damn!

I'm going to be away from the net (helping my parents finish building their
new house :-) over the holiday, but will probably be around at least for
enough of next weekend to get one more WIP out before then. Just in case I'm
not, though, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a happy holiday,
etc. On the offchance that the Internet turns out not to go on working after
Y2K, it's been nice knowing you all :-)

Changes since 3.9.28:

   Made the Windows code agree with other platforms about how video bitmaps
   are supposed to behave.

   Fixed some problems with the Windows mouse wheel support.

   Added set_write_alpha_blender(), set_add_blender() and
   create_blender_table() functions, and made the 32 bit version of
   draw_trans_sprite() able to use 8 bit source images in conjunction with
   set_write_alpha_blender(). In addition to being generally useful, using
   these routines makes the sources for my SpeedHack entry much smaller :-)

   Added uninstall targets to the Linux makefile.

   Made the X windowed mouse driver hide the Allegro cursor when the mouse
   moves out of our window.

   Added a simple timer delay emulation of vsync() to the X code, so that
   eg. the demo worms game runs sensibly.

   Isaac Cruz added a GFX_DIRECTX_WIN driver.

   Keith Gerdes made some more improvements to the DirectX overlay driver.

   Andrew Geers added scrolling support to the grabber image viewer.

   Peter Wang added an alternative X DGA driver, that includes mode
   switching support to run in fullscreen mode.

   Peter Wang added a MSG_WHEEL event to the GUI, and made d_list_proc() use
   it.

   Lucas Vignoli Reis added a Portuguese (Brazil) message translation and
   keyboard mapping.

   Peter Wang added a Linux OSS MIDI driver for FM synth devices, and mixer
   support for the OSS digital driver.

   George Foot added scripts for building various Linux distribution formats.

   Michael Bukin fixed the portability problems in quantize.c.

   Added a zipwin.sh script for making Windows binary distributions,
   including a batch file that can compile the MSVC support programs without
   having any GNU tools installed.

   Fixed bug with color font rendering in the Windows version.

   Added hardware accelerated rectfill() and hline() to the Windows version,
   and fixed a couple of accel related bugs (clears were being clipped
   wrongly, and it was claiming to support XOR drawing even though that
   isn't supported).

   Michael Bukin fixed bug with X drawing onto screen sub-bitmaps.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."