RE: [AD] DirectX Windowed mode, one more try

Here are several bugfixes for windowed driver.
Now you can move the window where you want, or even minimize it. The window is
no more resizable

> Yes, and the header file changes weren't in the diff either.

The only changed header file, wddraw.h, is in the diff file (edit it and see)

> Have you tested it in other bit depths?

It should work correctly in both 16 and 32 bit modes.

> I think the biggest problem is that DX doesn't support hardware blits
> between surfaces with different palettes (well maybe it does, but I don't
> think it will do conversions between the palettes). So maybe we need to fall
> back to a software conversion when the desktop is in 8 bit.

DX don't performs conversion, but GDI does (but I don't know very much)

> The problem is the 10 first & 10 last colors of the palette. We could create
> a lookup table that would map those 20 colors from the original palette to
> the resulting palette (which is the same as the original except for those 20
> colors). The backbuffer would then be blitted to the desktop surface using a
> specific software blitter that uses our (small) lookup table for pixels
> using those 20 colors. This won't always look good, but it will look as good
> as possible.

It looks a good idea, but if we use a software blit 70 times a second it will be
slooooow. But I think there isn't another possibility.