Re: [AD] OSS driver

Michael Bukin <M.A.Bukin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In src/uoss.c there are two commented uconvert_toascii(filename, s).
> Perhaps, they should be uncommented and one line below it is necessary
> to replace open(filename...) with open(s...).  It was incorrect
> attempt to debug problem which turned out to be a typo.  There might
> be other problems with handling Unicode strings.

Sorry, I did not read documentation for uconvert and the above change
may not work if there is no conversion.  Instead of

  uconvert_toascii(filename, s);
  ... = open(s, O_WRONLY);

it should be

  ... = open(uconvert_toascii(filename, s), O_WRONLY);

I will prepare patch with this change and other small changes, but I'd
like to test it first.

I can not test now that this change will fix problems with OSS driver.

BTW, Unicode version of strerror is used in two places.  Maybe
ustrerror should be placed in unicode.c as standard Allegro function.
Implementation in lsystem.c is better than that in uoss.c, but maybe
it should use static buffer, instead of dynamically allocated one.

--
Michael Bukin