Re: [translations] Workflow with Lilypond on GitLab

Em ter., 12 de mai. de 2020 às 18:12, Federico Bruni <fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 17:05, Caio Barros
<caio.barros@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> Em seg., 11 de mai. de 2020 às 10:18, David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxxx>
> escreveu:
>> I would not feel comfortable prescribing anything just yet as I first
>>  need to get the hang of the platform and its possibilities.  So I'd
>>  suggest that we first discover how things may go and exchange
>>  experiences before trying to figure out some workflow we are
>> comfortable
>>  suggesting everyone to use.
>
> Ok, agreed with that. In any case. It seems that I'm unable to create
> merge requests. Not sure if that's because I'm a new contributor,
> which I totally understand, but I wanted to try out the merge request
> thing.
>
> @Frederico, what do you think? Should I send my next patch here or
> can you give me permission in gitlab?

What's your username on gitlab.com?
Let us know and Jonas will add you to the members' list.

over there I'm @caiobarros [1]

I think the merge request is better because it cannot get lost and
forgotten as it may happen with an email. Also, in the past someone
applied a translation patch sent on the mailing list without replying
on the mailing list (so I lost some time checking that the patch was
already pushed; with a MR this wouldn't happen).
That said, I agree with David that we should leave open the chance to
send a patch here in the mailing list, in case someone prefers this way.

Alright. I agree!

[1] https://gitlab.com/caiobarros