Re: [translations] Workflow with Lilypond on GitLab

Caio Barros <caio.barros@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hey, everyone!
>
> I've been following the dev mailing list and I saw that Lilypond is now
> hosted on GitLab, right? In this case, wouldn't it make more sense for us
> to change our workflow and start doing merge requests to the translation
> branch instead of sending the patch directly to the mailing list?
>
> I don't know, I was just thinking about that now. We can, of course, still
> discuss the modifications here, but I think using merge requests will be
> more straightforward.

My suggestion would be that those who want to do it in that manner go
ahead and try, posting the resulting links here and look at the feedback
in mailing list as well as on Gitlab.  We can try converging to a
preferred workflow in the time of a few weeks (not just for translations
but also the rest of development) and then try to describe it in the CG
and prescribe it for general use.

I would not feel comfortable prescribing anything just yet as I first
need to get the hang of the platform and its possibilities.  So I'd
suggest that we first discover how things may go and exchange
experiences before trying to figure out some workflow we are comfortable
suggesting everyone to use.

--
David Kastrup