Re: [translations] Re: Changes section in stable

Il giorno mer 11 mar 2020 alle 15:41, Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
El 11/3/20 a las 11:15, Francisco Vila escribió:
OK, I'll wait. In the meantime, I am very puzzled by the following. Let's take Italian as a good example. In manuals/changes page, PDF link is

    (...)/build/out-www/offline-root/Documentation/changes.pdf

therefore English version. If I manually change that to

    (...)/build/out-www/offline-root/Documentation/changes.it.pdf

we get a nice translated Italian PDF. But this link is coded as the @manualStableChangesPdf-it macro in source file manuals.itexi. Now I look at it/weblinks.itexi and the definition for that macro is

   ../doc/v2.20/Documentation/changes.it.pdf

How in Earth has this been changed to the first link above?

A part of the answer is: make website, then check links in

  (...)build/out-website/website/changes.it.html

There, all links give 'file not found' but at least they look correct for their use online. Link to Italian PDF now potentially leads to an actual translated PDF.

Now, on to check other languages.

Links are correct in the top website (generated by make website?):
http://lilypond.org/changes.it.html
http://lilypond.org/development.it.html

But not here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/web/changes.it.html
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/web/development.it.html

Of course duplication is nonsense.
Honestly, I'm not interested in trying to understand this mess.
No surprise there's nobody working on lilypond website since a long time.