Re: [translations] German

Am 2013-12-07 um 15:23 schrieb Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:

> 2013/12/7 Henning Hraban Ramm <lilypondml@xxxxxxxx>
>> Hi there,
>> I talked with David and Urs and they suggested I could enhance and update the German translation of the docs/website.
>>
>> Anyone still working on it, or can I just start away?
>> Any hints? Anyone who wants to be my meister?
>>
>> I already installed LilyDev, am familiar with gettext and several scripting/markup languages, but not texinfo yet.
>>
> Hi Hraban
>
> I'm glad to help you.
> We are not using gettext for the documentation/website, except for a few things (which are already translated in german).
>
> Have you already read the documentation?
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/translating-the-documentation
>
> Let me know when you  find any problem, it might also a good change to improve the documentation.
> The contributor guide contains a lot of information, spread in several parts. It might seem difficult in the beginning (depending on your experience).
> Few months ago I started writing a simple tutorial for new translators, but then I stopped because I thought it would have not been useful to anyone. I may finish it,  in case you need it.

Hi Federico,
yes, I’m reading the docs, the CG is indeed not that easy to read, but I’m used to worse.

The LilyDev install docs are missing the „upgrading Linux“ part, e.g. the request to install cyrillic fonts for TeX might ask too much from a usual Windows or Mac user. And I’d appreciate a hint about which IDE to use (I don’t believe in the church of Emacs), in my case: which editor supports translations in any way, and can help with texinfo?

Since the doc diff is rather big, I’d appreciate a hint where to start - just go after the priority list?
Perhaps just send me your unfinished guide ;-)

Greetlings, Hraban