Re: [translations] German

2013/12/7 Henning Hraban Ramm <lilypondml@xxxxxxxx>
Hi there,
I talked with David and Urs and they suggested I could enhance and update the German translation of the docs/website.

Anyone still working on it, or can I just start away?
Any hints? Anyone who wants to be my meister?

I already installed LilyDev, am familiar with gettext and several scripting/markup languages, but not texinfo yet.

Hi Hraban

I'm glad to help you.
We are not using gettext for the documentation/website, except for a few things (which are already translated in german).

Have you already read the documentation?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/translating-the-documentation

Let me know when you  find any problem, it might also a good change to improve the documentation.
The contributor guide contains a lot of information, spread in several parts. It might seem difficult in the beginning (depending on your experience).
Few months ago I started writing a simple tutorial for new translators, but then I stopped because I thought it would have not been useful to anyone. I may finish it,  in case you need it.