Re: [translations] again trouble with scripts

Il giorno mar, 19/07/2011 alle 18.40 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> 2011/7/19 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > 2011/7/19 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx>
> >>
> >> I have never tried the outside-tree build, but for me, your build/
> >> directory is only a build directory for compiling lilypond into it,
> >> not your source directory and of course it is NOT your source tree
> >> top.  My experience ends here but I am willing to make my first
> >> attempt of building into build/ just to see what happens.
> >>

> > But it's the recommended way in the docs (I think it was added recently).
>
> >From my understanding, building in build/ is recommended, not running
> check-translation from there.
>
> > Yes, it works if I build in top dir.
>
> Do not confuse 'build in top dir' with 'running scripts from the top
> dir'.  Scripts that do not build things do not qualify for 'building'.
>  You can compile binary/docs in build but you _should_  run
> manteinance scripts from top dir or from the appropriate directory in
> the _original_ source tree.

Ok, I see what you mean.
So I can use build/ just for building.

And if I want to use the maintenance scripts on the top dir, I must run
these commands on the top dir:

../autogen.sh # I need the configure
cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile
make -C scripts && make -C python # don't need to build everything

It works.

Thanks for your patience