[translations] again trouble with scripts

Tonight I had the bad idea of rebuilding my git working copy from
scratch (because of some mess I did).
I've come across the old problem I used to have last year:
http://lilypond-translations.3384276.n2.nabble.com/problems-with-check-translation-td5570712.html

fede@fede-laptop:~/lilypond-git/build/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
check-translation
ISOLANG=it /usr/bin/python /home/fede/lilypond-git/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
fede@fede-laptop:~/lilypond-git/build/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
update-translation
ISOLANG=it /usr/bin/python /home/fede/lilypond-git/scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py --update

I tried all the solutions suggested in that thread (that is, I run any
possible make command you can think of) but it didn't help.
This is black magic for me: any idea?

Thanks,
Federico