Re: [translations] problems with check-translation

Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 23:06 +0200, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> Yes, you wrote these commands in a private email to me some months ago.
> I'm glad that now it's in a public list so if I happen to have the same
> problem I'll find it.. as I'll forget it for sure :)

You shouldn't have to remember them, it's a deficiency of the build
system :-p

> Why don't you add it to the CG?
> In 4.8.3 "Documentation translation maintenance", you could say
> something like:
>
> "If you have not already compiled LilyPond [which is probably the case
> for translators], in order to use the helper scripts you should first
> run the following commands in the top build dir:
> make -C python
> make -C scripts
> "

Because it should be fixed in the makefiles instead, but if you insist,
I'll welcome a patch :-)

> The warning is gone, but still it's not working:
>
> fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make
> CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely update-translation
> ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
> --update
>
> Maybe I have to run the commands above (make -C python, make -C
> scripts)? (even if I have already compiled lilypond)

I can't remember from the top of my head, but there has been some
hacking from Jan and some directory restructuring since last time I
touched these scripts, I'll test them asap.

> I can't understand this explanation, sorry.
> I used update-translation (not check-translation), didn't I?

Oops yes, sorry for my misreading.  I don't have a LilyPond source tree
configured on the eeePC I'm using to write this message, I'll test that
command on my laptop at math department tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
John