Re: [translations] problems with check-translation

Il giorno lun, 04/10/2010 alle 09.19 +0200, John Mandereau ha scritto:
> Hi Federico,
> Le dimanche 03 octobre 2010 à 21:37 +0200, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> > after compiling the program I don't have the ImportError anymore.
>
> You could have only done as well from top build dir
> make -C python
> make -C scripts

Yes, you wrote these commands in a private email to me some months ago.
I'm glad that now it's in a public list so if I happen to have the same
problem I'll find it.. as I'll forget it for sure :)

Why don't you add it to the CG?
In 4.8.3 "Documentation translation maintenance", you could say
something like:

"If you have not already compiled LilyPond [which is probably the case
for translators], in order to use the helper scripts you should first
run the following commands in the top build dir:
make -C python
make -C scripts
"

> > But I have this error instead:
> >
> > fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make
> > CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely update-translation
> > ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
> > --update
> > langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
>
> To fix this warning, from "top build dir"/Documentation/ do
>
> make -C po out=www messages
>
> I know, the makefiles should trigger (re)build of this target for
> translations maintenance as well, I'll have a look into it.

The warning is gone, but still it's not working:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make
CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely update-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
--update

Maybe I have to run the commands above (make -C python, make -C
scripts)? (even if I have already compiled lilypond)

> > If I run:
> > fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
> > update-translation
> >
> > all the diffs are printed in the terminal, so it's useless for me.
> > Why this command is not running my text editor?
>
> Because you called make target check-translation instead of
> update-translation; you can choose one of these targets independently of
> setting ISOLANG or CHECKED_FILES.

I can't understand this explanation, sorry.
I used update-translation (not check-translation), didn't I?

Thanks,
Federico