Re: [translations] problems with check-translation

Il giorno dom, 26/09/2010 alle 20.51 +0300, Till Paala ha scritto:
> Am 26.09.10 15:39, schrieb Federico Bruni:
> > Il giorno dom, 26/09/2010 alle 13.00 +0200, Jean-Charles Malahieude ha
> > scritto:
> >> please spell Italian as "it" and NOT "IT" :
> >> The command line should be (within Documentation directory):
> >>    make ISOLANG=it check-translation
> > ooops, stupid me
> > now it works, but...
> >
> > fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
> > check-translationISOLANG=it /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py  it/learning.tely it/learning/common-notation.itely it/learning/fundamental.itely it/learning/preface.itely it/learning/tutorial.itely it/macros.itexi it/search-box.ihtml it/translations.itexi it/web.texi it/web/community.itexi it/web/download.itexi it/web/introduction.itexi it/web/manuals.itexi
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 24, in<module>
> >      import langdefs
> > ImportError: No module named langdefs
> > make: *** [check-translation] Error 1
> >

> > I think this ImportError must be fixed, because I have problems with
> > other commands. For example:
> >
> > fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make
> > CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely check-translation
> > ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 24, in<module>
> >      import langdefs
> > ImportError: No module named langdefs
> > make: *** [check-translation] Error 1
> >

> > fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
> > check-translation | grep 'diff --git'
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 24, in<module>
> >      import langdefs
> > ImportError: No module named langdefs
> > make: *** [check-translation] Error 1
> >

> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Federico
> >

> Hi,
> I think it is because the check-translation is a python script and it is
> not always enough to do ./configure to get all the module paths and so
> on for python right -- in this case the module langdefs is not found.
> There was a special target for make, but I can't remember which one it
> was. If you can build lilypond the easiest way is to build the program,
> then all the python scripts also should work.

Hi Till,

after compiling the program I don't have the ImportError anymore.
But I have this error instead:

fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make
CHECKED_FILES=it/learning.tely update-translation
ISOLANG= /usr/bin/python ../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py
--update
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.

If I run:
fede@debian:~/lilypond-git/Documentation$ make ISOLANG=it
update-translation

all the diffs are printed in the terminal, so it's useless for me.
Why this command is not running my text editor?

Thanks for your help,
Federico