Re: [translations] Typos in German manual

Hi Till,

* Till Paala wrote on Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 04:21:39PM CEST:
>  Am 31.07.10 12:26, schrieb Ralf Wildenhues:
> >here's a patch (against git master) to fix typos in the German manual.
> >There are a few node renames which I hope are uncontroversial, but if
> >not, please allow me to redo the patch.

> Great patch, thank you for that work. Counting the load of spelling
> mistakes you fixed you can guess that I don't have a working spell
> check system at the moment, so any improvements are always welcome.

;-)

> I guess you will commit the patch yourself as I commit only to the
> translationbranch.

I don't have commit access at all; can somebody commit it for me?

> >Things not fixed in this patch:
[...]

Might look into these eventually, thanks.

> >Again, I can only recommend 'git show --color-words' for reviewing,
> how does this work for files new to git? I just get back an empty prompt.

I'm not sure what you mean, so let me just explain in a bit more detail:

When you have new files, or changes in bigger blocks, --color-words
doesn't help you all that much.  But with little typos, where only one
or two characters change, maybe just an n to an m or so, my eye has a
hard time spotting the change even with colored lines.  This is where
--color-words really helps.

For completely new files not known in the previous git tree, it is not
really useful.

In order to use it, ensure your git has color enabled, i.e., something
like this in your ~/.gitconfig:

[color]
        pager = true
        ui = auto
[core]
        pager = less -FRSX

and then pass the option to 'git show' or 'git diff', depending on
how you have applied the patch to your tree.

> >Cheers, and thanks for maintaining the manual,
> I always appreciate help with the German manual since I am the only
> person doing maintainance and translation. There is a lot to be done
> and my time is getting only tighter. So I would be very glad if you
> had some time to spend on the German manual.

Not really; sorry.

Cheers,
Ralf