Re: [translations] italian website PATCH

2010/6/18 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
> Applying: Web-it: add italian translation
> Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
> <stdin>:2107: trailing whitespace.
> delle funzionalità tipografiche più avanzate, come la ripartizione di
> travature

Remove the trailing space og the line 2107.

> <stdin>:3404: trailing whitespace.
> Quasi tutte le funzionalità di formattazione usate internamente sono

Same.

> <stdin>:365: new blank line at EOF.
> +

Go to line 365 of the patch; the file diff that starts at this point
adds a blank line at the end of the file (many lines downwards).

> <stdin>:1265: new blank line at EOF.
> +

Same.

Alternatively to the git mess you could eventually enter, you could do
the following.

 -- Save your modified files the way you think they should be, with safe names.
 -- Git reset --hard to a revision just before your changes.
 -- Git pull to update your tree
 -- Copy your modified files back to their original names
 -- Commit these differences
 -- Make a patch from this.

When I don't understand what's happening (more often than not), this
method usually works.

The problem would be: if someone modified any lines after your
changes, these modifications would be lost. That's what git was
invented for :-)