[translations] Re: Translation of the website to German

Hi John,
thanks for the fast answer now I got the right address :-)

John Mandereau schrieb:
Hi Till,
Le lundi 18 janvier 2010 à 15:40 +0200, Till Paala a écrit :

could you check the attached patches which translate the webpage? It
compiled on my computer ok, but links to some documentation don't work.
It also seems the macro @help is not defined.

I moved it from common-macros to macros some time ago, which means you
should translate it, or at least copy the definition from English macro
definitions.

Ok, I'll do that.

And I didn't know about
how to translate Community: there are now two untranslated nodes, but
the node names are already translated.

Read or reread the CG about translators names.

I didn't understand that -- where is this part in the CG? From CG at least I unterstood that it is totally fashionable to translate a node name and mark it as not translated -- so this can be like that for the moment -- but is this file going to be translated at all? I couldn't find it in the CG? Should I remove the translation?
Actually I pulled after making the patches so they are now on top of my
tree, hope this doesn't confuse the translation checking skript.

If you didn't rebase, then there is no problem.  If you rebased, then
please fix the committishes: for each committish HHHH present in the
translated files, do "git show --stat HHHH" and find the almost
identical commit that resulted from rebasing by looking for a commit
with the same commit message and diffstat, then replace the old
committish with the one you just found.

I think I did rebase but cannot figure out what you mean -- I will anyhow push and modify the commitishes after that as you proposed in the CG.
Also I didn't translate/include news-front and news.itexi nor the
subdirectory ly-examples. Might be that this causes problems with the
compilation.

Yep, but that's not your problem, I should fix this.  Anyway, your
patches look mostly quite good, so please push them to
lilypond/translation.

OK, thanks

Greetings
Till