Re: [translations] Questions about ongoing changes

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2009 à 13:16 +0100, Harmath Dénes a écrit :
> Sorry, but I don't really understand this. "The text should be
> translated, but with keeping the text in English"? Since no
> translations contain this yet, inspecting them could not give me any
> clue either.

Look at the copyright notices in {de,es,fr}/*.tely, which should be
moved to @lilyTitlePage macro definition in macros.texi like in the
English docs.

>  My question more precisely: e.g. there's the line
>
> @lilyTitlePage{Learning Manual}
>
> in learning.tely. Should I translate the "Learning Manual" in this
> line in the Hungarian version?

Yes, look at the title page of Learning Manual in English and in PDF
format, you'll see where "Learning Manual" appears and you'll become
certain that it should be translated.

> OK, no problem. But note that there are FIXME: missing text messages
> in even the new Tutorial in the Learning.

The documentation generally lacks volunteers, so I'm unfortunately not
surprised of this; there is so much to do in such a huge project.  I
don't ask you to contribute, but if you ever have time and motivation to
fix it in English docs, you'll be welcome :-)

> I didn't forget it, but we wait until the Hungarian tutorial will have
> been restructured to reflect the English version so that there be no
> duplicate chapters between Tutorial and Common notation.

I understand.  Translated docs have been much less visible since the
Documentation index hand-coded in HTML has been replaced by a Texinfo
document only in English docs (which is a pity), so not announcing the
Hungarian translation as early as possible is not the urgent worry.  I
wish we'd have switched to a newer build system before the new website
appear in all languages, but I've dramatically ran out of time.  Well,
I'm waiting for your patch for the reorganization together with the
announcement, anyway :-)

Best,
John